Dead Matter Steam
When the dead roam the earth... The year is 2025
Videogame for PC, developed by QI Games and published by QI Games
Release date: 16 September 2023 (PC)
When the dead roam the earth...
The year is 2025. A mysterious virus, which turns its victims into ravenous inhuman husks, plunges the world into total chaos.
Several weeks have passed since the infected have overrun the province of Alberta. Canadian federal agency NERA's evacuation attempts failed, leaving you and countless other survivors trapped in the Kananaskis area, now overrun with tens of thousands of infected pouring over from the cities.
Your supplies are running low, and you’re not the only one starving and desperate.
Who will you be, now that nothing is left?
What is Dead Matter?
Dead Matter is an open-world, multiplayer zombie survival game project in Early Access.
We are a small but passionate team that believes in working closely with our community to refine and improve our game. As part of this collaborative approach, we offer access to a Nightly testing branch where all of Dead Matter's latest changes and newest content can be experienced before stable patches roll out.
Patches and updates developed through feedback from the Nightly testing branch are integrated into Dead Matter's Release branch. This process ensures that Dead Matter will continue to evolve with our community's direct input.
The world of Dead Matter takes place in the province of Alberta. You will explore the rolling plains of the Kananaskis valley, nestled in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains. As our map continues to expand, the valley will have a diverse number of natural wonders for you to discover, as well as the towns of Canmore and Banff.
Running into the Infected can be a death sentence. Although by themselves they may not pose much of a threat, their strength comes in numbers, and you will easily find yourself overwhelmed if you’re not careful.
Fire your gun at your own risk: loud noises will draw the attention of the ever-present horde. Melee weapons will leave you completely outnumbered if you plan to take on more than a few infected. Plan accordingly.
The Infected aren’t the only threats you’ll have to contend with, though. You will have to manage your supplies to keep fed and hydrated, heal yourself when injured, and disinfect your wounds.
In the wake of total societal collapse, you will have to rely on your own resourcefulness. Craft bandages in the field with scraps of cotton, or improve a baseball bat by studding it with leftover nails.
The residents of the survivor settlement Dominion will offer you dangerous mercenary work in exchange for monetary reward or valuable gear. As the quest system expands and improves during Early Access, you may even be able to take part in their stories, should you gain their trust.
- Season Cycle with harsher weather conditions, including an expanded temperature system - you will need to keep yourself warm and dry to survive the intense Alberta winters
- Improved Base Building and Fortification
- Farming system - will interact with the season cycle system
- Improved vehicles - vehicle damage, vehicle armour, vehicle repair
- Hostile survivor AI
- "Special" Infected - Infected that are more difficult to kill thanks to the equipment they were wearing before they turned
- Radio broadcast system - for player-run radio stations and NPC-run radio stations
- Voiced NPCs
- Aircraft and Train vehicles
Compare prices for Dead Matter Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU (Processor): AMD Ryzen 5 1600; Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3.40GHz
- RAM: 16 GB
- Free disk space: 120 GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER; Radeon Pro Vega 20
- DirectX Version: 11
- Operating System: Windows 11
- CPU (Processor): AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Intel Core i5-9600K @ 3.70GHz
- RAM: 16 GB
- Free disk space: 120 GB
- Video card: GeForce RTX 2060; Intel Arc A750; Radeon RX 5700 XT
- DirectX Version: 12
Dead Matter like games and best alternatives