Summit is a 2D Metroidvania with lots of exploration, twisting paths and fun movement
Videogame for PC, developed by Dominik Hackl and published by Dominik Hackl
Release date: 2023 (PC)
Summit is a 2D Metroidvania with lots of exploration, twisting paths and fun movement. Located in a huge mountain area you start from the very bottom with the goal to reach the summit.
On your way you will not only find critical climbing gear but also uncover long forgotten mysteries that might take you much further than expected.
The game features a unique open world with handcrafted art, a 30-piece original soundtrack and overall an average playtime of 10-15 hours.
This already war-torn country has recently been befallen by a mighty set of catastrophes. Your unlikely protagonist, a member of the weak Ruby tribe, turned out to be one of a few survivors of the last cataclysm, a giant avalanche. Your initial personal mission quickly turns into the ultimate search for truth - a search that requires you to climb the fabled grand summit.
Your journey begins when you wake up in a mysterious cave. Struck by the blow of a giant avalanche you and your fellow miners have been washed away into the darkness. You must climb out of this crevasse and head to Pinetown - the once great village at the very foot of the Mountain. There might be your only chance to gather the strength, the gear and the knowledge to begin your ascent of the unknown. Your destination - the Summit - is clear, but the way there is as treacherous as it is fabulous.
The Mountain and its two siblings form a gigantic massif ranging from subterranian caverns to the peak towering into the sky. Explore the vastness of this world that is over 12 unique areas, including multiple villages. Prove your mountaineering skills to pass unique landscapes: from challenging mountain passes and via ferratas to frigid ice caves or abandoned mines.
Take the fastest but most dangerous route or find a safer more convenient way? Rush to the Summit or take detours to explore the history and remnants of these lands? It is your choice, but only one will lead you to the ultimate truth.
The lands of the Mountain have once been home to a multitude of clans and people of different origin. Only a handful survived the events and a few new ones sought refuge when their own lands became uninhabitable.
- The Ruby People, an unimpressive but peaceful lot. Settling in the lower areas of the Mountain, they have become mostly farmers and entertain themselves with festivals, food and drinking.
- The Emerald People hailed from oriental lands and settled the Mountain long ago in search for refuge. Their curious nature led them to great discoveries and expeditions, but also to their eventual downfall.
- The Sapphire People, a belligerent clan with little to no recorded history. Their forceful invasion of the Mountain resulted in what is known as the Turquoise War, a tragic struggle between them and the Emeralds which ended in a truce and a further loss of already scarce resources.
- The Granite People, natives of the Mountain, are well adapted to the harsh environment and have temporary settlements far up the Mountain, higher than most people will ever dare to venture.
- The Sulfur People...little is known about this fabled clan. Their dubious origins remain a mystery to this day.
Following the traditions of the Metroidvania genre, the game lets you freely explore an interconnected world. The game relies on minimal player guidance in favor of environmental storytelling, clues through dialog and the joy of discovering new things and places.
Platforming in the game is getting more and more challenging through the introduction of new abilities. Movement was designed to feel somewhat realistic and resembling actual mountain climbing. Abilities are mostly climbing gear like ice picks and the game’s signature move – the grappling hook, which allows the player to traverse the world in a very fun and agile way.
Compare prices for Summit
- Operating System: Windows 7
- CPU (Processor): Intel Core 2 Duo E5200
- RAM: 4 GB
- Free disk space: 3 GB
- Dedicated Video Memory (VRAM): 1 GB
- Video card: GeForce 9800GTX+
- DirectX Version: Версии 10
- Operating System: Windows 10
- CPU (Processor): Intel Core i5
- RAM: 8 GB
- Free disk space: 3 GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX 560
- DirectX Version: Версии 11
Summit like games and best alternatives
- Rain World — from €3.1
- Gris — from €2.51
- Inmost — from €1.23
- Hidden Deep — from €5.59
- Rusted Moss — from €16.87
Summit Reviews And Comments